Liver Cleanse, anyone?

How it all began.....
I've been starring at my laptop screen for the past five minutes thinking it's a delicious pizza. My mouth is watering, I might be drooling a little too...even though there is not food in sight. 
Oh yeah, I was going to tell you how in the world I got talked into doing a liver cleanse. Some people might think it's crazy, some might think it's the next best thing to _______

NO, these are NOT my abs...I'm just dreaming about having these...
thanks google images

My sister did a liver cleanse some time ago (along with her husband) and I thought she was crazy. Pretty much no food for 24H! Seriously?!?!? No food?!?!  I can barely last 2 1/2 without food.
Well, besides the fact the the bathroom was her best friend during those insane hours, she actually felt great after it was all over, she had more energy...and she felt cleansed (I made this last one up).

So I read about it online some more...and some more....and came across something that captured my attention...well two different words to be exact....Allergies and Acne....my two biggest enemies.
Supposedly it is supposed to help with both. Umm, where do I sign up??

Ok, to make this long story short I decided to try this out..oh, and I volunteered my husband to do this with me. I did not eat anything after 2 PM today, bought necessary items during my lunch break and missing food already. Had some trouble finding Epsom salt that is NOT for external use only...oh and decided if I fail to find it I'm buying a large pizza with a 2L Coke...just for myself in case you're wondering. Unfortunately I found some Epsom salt  : /
Had my first drink at 6pm, next one is due at 8 pm.

Thought I'd share this lovely information with you! Aren't you glad I did?! ;-)
I'll let you know how it went, if I think it helped me with allergies and acne (I know I have to do it more than once).

Have you ever done any type of cleanse?  Did you feel any difference afterwards?  Could you eat some food for me? ;-)


p.s. This is what I'm doing in case you're wondering....

2:00 PM.
Do not eat or drink after 2 o'clock. If you break this rule you could feel quite ill later.
Get your Epsom salts ready. Mix 4 tbs. in 3 cups water and pour this into a jar.
[ You can substitute the 3 cups of water with 3 cups freshly pressed grapefruit juice, or freshly pressed apple juice .]
This makes four servings, 3/4 cup each. Set the jar in the refrigerator to get ice cold (this is for convenience and taste only).
6:00 PM.
Drink one serving (3/4 cup) of the ice cold Epsom salts. If you did not prepare this ahead of time, do it right now. You may also add 1/8 tsp. vitamin C powdered to improve the taste. You may also drink a few mouthfuls of water afterwards or rinse your mouth. Get the olive oil and grapefruit out to warm up.
8:00 PM.
Repeat by drinking another 3/4 cup of Epsom salts. You haven't eaten since two o'clock, but you won't feel hungry. Get your bedtime chores done. The timing is critical for success; don't be more than 10 minutes early or late.
9:45 PM.
Pour 1/2 cup (measured) olive oil into the pint jar. Squeeze the grapefruit by hand into the measuring cup. Remove pulp with fork. You should have at least 1/2 cup, more (up to 3/4 cup) is best. You may top it up with lemonade. Add this to the olive oil. Close the jar tightly with the lid and shake hard until watery (only fresh grapefruit does this).
Now visit the bathroom one or more times, even it makes you late for your ten o'clock drink. Don't be more than 15 minutes late.
10:00 PM.
Drink the potion you have mixed. Take 4 ornithine capsules with the first sips to make sure you will sleep through the night. Take 8 if you already suffer from insomnia. Take it to your bedside if you want, but drink it standing up. Get it down within 5 minutes (fifteen minutes for very elderly or weak persons).


0 comments:

Post a Comment