Lemon Poundcake & Blueberry Cake in a Jar


With spring coming up, I have been on the lookout fresh yet deliciously sweet treat. We all know my obsession with mason jars, so when I was browsing pinterest I got really inspired by the whole layered 'cake-in-a-jar" idea. So that's where I combined lemon pound cake, blueberries, fresh blueberry sauce and light whipped frosting for a super simple and easy dessert. Perfect to serve for get-togethers or simply if you want something tasty for yourself! 

Here is what you will need:
- lemon poundcake (I use the box kind... I get very impatient)
-2 cups of fresh blueberries
-1 cup of water
-1/4 cup of strained lemon juice
-2 table spoons of cornstarch
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-frosting of your choice ( I chose whip cream as a lighter option)

How to make the blueberry sauce:
1.) Combine water, sugar, lemon juice, and corn starch in a saucepan
2.)Bring it to a boil while stirring it frequently, and cook 1-2 minutes until thick
3.) Add the blueberries and cook or 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
4.) Mash/blend blueberries to your liking and use sauce as topping

Now time for layering the cake in the jar:
1.) cut the pound cake and use it as the first layer. Mash it in the jar a bit so there aren't air pockets.
2.) Add the blueberry sauce layer
3.) Add the frosting layer
4.) Repeat as many times to your liking. I did two layers and added fresh blueberries to the top.

So there you have it! Quite easy and simple, because as I have said before, I rarely spend much time in the kitchen. Hope you enjoy this tasty treat!


0 comments:

Post a Comment